Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cross Country Recount. By Cam

"On your marks, get set..." Bang! Miss Currie slapped the two pieces of wood together and everyone sprinted off. I felt like I would come last. Down the straight I went. I was third until I got puffed and started jogging. I was challenging Tipene, one of my best friends. I just about tripped up in the mud. It was freezing. Corban was following me and he was shouting, " Go Cam go!" So I went a little faster and got past Chance. I felt all the puddles and the mud splashing on my knees. I was saturated and the wind was blowing into my face. On the second lap in the stoney part I past Tipene and he never caught up but Chance did right at the end and it was looking like a tie. I came sixth in the end. I was all wet, cold, frozen and muddy. I was excited and knew I had tried my hardest. After my race I went to McDonalds and had fun.

By Cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment